Participants are given 24 hours to completely produce a film – writing, shooting, editing – everything! Films must also incorporate three prompts that are announced at the start of the competition. Prompts may consist of lines, actions, props, themes, etc. So what are you waiting for? Round up the crew, stock up on energy drinks, and prepare for glory.
Dates To Remember:
- Regular Registration – March 15, 2021
- Start of Competition – April 10th, 2021 12:00 pm
- End of Competition – April 11th, 2021 12:00 pm
- Screenings and Awards – April 24th, 2021
Locations To Remember
- Kick-Off: ONLINE
- Drop Off: ONLINE
Entry Fee: $20.00
Team Limit: 25 teams (no limit on team size)
Time Limit: 5 minutes maximum (no minimum)
Will be announced soon
- Judges Choice
- Audience Choice
- Founders Choice
- Must be H.264(MP4) or ProRes 422 LT
- File Size: Under 1 GB
- Naming Format: 24hfr_TeamName_FilmName
- Submit online ONLY, no dropoff location this year.
All online submissions must be turned in before the deadline! Please take into account upload times for your film. All uploaded films will have a timestamp to when they finished uploading.
Didn’t finish in time?
You have exactly 24 hours to get us the film. If you miss the deadline, we can still screen the film, but it will not be eligible for an award.
Not in Anchorage?
With online submissions and online payments, you can be apart of the Film Royal anywhere in Alaska. We will email the prompts to you at the start of the event.
Signed Up Teams