Participants are given 5 days to completely produce a film – writing, shooting, editing – everything! Films must also incorporate three prompts that are announced at the start of the competition. Prompts may consist of lines, actions, props, themes, etc. So what are you waiting for? Round up the crew, stock up on energy drinks, and prepare for glory.
“battle royal “
noun, plural battles royal.
A fight in which more than two combatants are engaged.
View on Dictionary.com
Dates To Remember:
- Regular Registration – November 17th, at 6:00 pm
- Start of Competition – December 1st, at 6:00 pm
- End of Competition – December 6th, at 6:00 pm
- Screenings and Awards – December 11th, at TBD
Locations To Remember
- Kick-Off: ONLINE
- Drop Off: ONLINE
Entry Fee: $20.00
Team Limit: 20 teams (no limit on team size)
Time Limit: 5 minutes maximum (no minimum)
To be announced soon…
- Judges Choice
- Audience Choice
- Founders Choice
Didn’t finish in time?
You have exactly 48 hours to get us the film. If you miss the deadline, we can still screen the film, but it will not be eligible for any awards.
Not in Anchorage?
With online submissions and online payments, you can be a part of the Film Royal anywhere. We will email the prompts to you at the start of the event.
Take Notice! PLEASE READ! IMPORTANT!
If you do not follow the rules below, you may be disqualified.
The screenings are unrated, but we try to keep it PG-13. Materials may not be suitable for children, so viewer discretion is advised. What does this mean?
- Generally will not be sexually oriented.
- May only use one or two explicit words.
- May have depictions of violence, but nothing graphic, persistent, or extreme.
- No nudity (keep your clothes on for this one).
- Rating is ultimately decided by Film Royal directors. You may be asked to make edits or changes to your film after submission to make it suitable for our new guidelines.
Social Distancing Rules
- Treat federal, State of Alaska, your local laws and mandates as official rules of this competition. View Federal. View AK State.
- Must be H.264(MP4) or ProRes 422 LT
- File Size: Under 1 GB
- Naming Format: AKF_TeamName_FilmName
- Submit online ONLY, no dropoff location this year.
All online submissions must be turned in before the deadline! Please take into account upload times for your film. All uploaded films will have a timestamp to when they finished uploading.
Just drag and drop your film into the box. —>
Film will automatically be updated to our Dropbox.